We're a small team - less than twenty of us, for now. We spend a lot of time together, always talking, testing things out, sketching, pinning things up, asking, heckling, critiquing, revising. It usually gets too loud. Somehow it's won us recognition by Outside Magazine as one of the best places to work; we're not sure, but maybe they heard rumors of prosecco, dark chocolate and Stumptown.
To grow our small team of designers, creatives, developers and customer care folks, we are occasionally seeking talented, inspired individuals to join us in our Portland, Oregon offices. But-and we're just being straight with you here-it's not all that often. If any positions open up, we'll list them below along with instructions on how to apply.
The Nau Creative Director's role is to provide the vision and leadership for the Creative Studio Team and to develop and execute the creative tone for the Nau brand. This will include directing, editing, and proofing all studio and lifestyle photography for nau.com, seasonal workbooks, look books, trade show booths, social media, blog, marketing campaigns, emails, PR, POP and all brand related communication. Additionally you will be a key member of Nau leadership team and provide creative direction for Nau's strategic direction.
Leading the Creative Studio to develop and execute a comprehensive visual strategy for Nau
- Nau.com - Lead the creative direction for all assets (Graphic design, Studio & lifestyle photography and copy) Work closely with web producer to support financial goals.
- Marketing - Collaborate with marketing and provide all visual direction for (Email marketing, digital ads, print ads, PR, press releases, showrooms, etc.)
- Social media - Oversee visual direction tone for Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, etc.
- Wholesale sales - Provide creative direction for all sales assets/collateral (Workbook, Look book, POP, QR code and other in-store media, trade show booth and sales materials)
- Nau retail stores - Work with creative studio and retail staff to create a visual space that supports the nau brand.
Be an active member of Nau's Leadership team. Provide creative expertise and direction to develop Nau's strategic brand strategy.
Key Business Initiatives
- Evolve and refine nau.com's aesthetic and improve commercial performance.
- Work with Nau web producer to develop and execute an integrated sales and marketing strategy
- Continue to evolve nau.com photography to define and communicate the brand message and aesthetic
- Direct model selection, attitude and styling to increase brand resonance, accessibility, shopability and conversion
- Work the web team to ensure the design of the site and the use of lifestyle photography supports merchandising and creates a powerful brand experience
- Work with the product team to ensure design philosophy and appropriate product design details are effectively represented on nau.com
- Ensure Nau's Direct Marketing efforts powerfully and accurately represent the brand
- Provide creative direction for seasonal marketing plans. Lead creative team to provide all marketing assets needed. (Photography, copy, ads, etc.)
- Ensure Nau's Wholesale Marketing accurately represents the brand and supports dealer sales/marketing efforts
- Lead design of trade show booths
- Direct creative for Look book, work book, POP and other dealer collateral
- Leadership skills and ability to manage a creative team
- Ability to set and manage department budget
- Excellent visual communication and editorial skills
- Strong experience in photo directing and editing
- Understanding of production processes and work flow for print and web
- Knowledge of Nau brand and product
- Handling complexity, seasoned judgment, detail oriented with strong follow through
- Adaptability and ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects in a fast paced environment
To apply, please email resume and portfolio to: Mark dot Galbraith at Nau dot com.