We're a small team - less than twenty of us, for now. We spend a lot of time together, always talking, testing things out, sketching, pinning things up, asking, heckling, critiquing, revising. It usually gets too loud. Somehow it's won us recognition by Outside Magazine as one of the best places to work; we're not sure, but maybe they heard rumors of prosecco, dark chocolate and Stumptown.
To grow our small team of designers, creatives, developers and customer care folks, we are occasionally seeking talented, inspired individuals to join us in our Portland, Oregon offices. But-and we're just being straight with you here-it's not all that often. If any positions open up, we'll list them below along with instructions on how to apply.
Nau is currently hiring a Creative Director.
The Nau Creative Director’s role is to provide the vision and leadership for the Creative Studio Team and to develop and
execute the creative tone for the Nau brand. This will include overseeing the art direction and editing of all studio and lifestyle
photography, seasonal workbooks, look books, trade show booths, social media, blog, marketing campaigns, emails, PR, POP, retail
store environments and all brand related communication. This role works closely with Nau.com, Wholesale sales and Nau retail
stores to develop and execute creative seasonal brand and marketing plans that meet Nau’s sales goals. Additionally you will be a key
member of Nau leadership team and provide creative direction for Nau’s strategic plans.
• Leading the Creative Studio to develop and execute a comprehensive visual strategy for Nau
• Nau.com – creative direction for all assets (graphic design, studio + lifestyle photography and copy) Work closely with web director to support financial goals
• Marketing – collaborate with marketing and provide all visual direction for (email marketing, digital ads, print ads, PR, press releases, showrooms, etc.)
• Social media – oversee visual direction/tone for Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, etc.
• Wholesale sales –creative direction for all sales assets/collateral (workbook, look book, POP, and other in-store media, trade show
booth and sales materials)
• Nau retail stores – work with creative studio and retail staff to create a visual space that supports the nau brand.
• Management – in-house ar t director, contractors, copy writer and marketing manager
• Be an active member of Nau’s Leadership team. Provide creative expertise + direction to develop Nau’s brand strategy.
KEY BUSINESS INITIATIVES:
• Evolve and refine nau.com’s aesthetic and improve commercial performance.
- Work with Nau web director to develop and execute an integrated sales and marketing strategy
- Continue to evolve photography to define and communicate the brand message and aesthetic
- Direct model selection, attitude and styling to increase brand resonance, accessibility, shopability and conversion
- Work the web team to ensure the design of the site and the use of photography supports merchandising and creates a powerful
- Work with the product team to ensure design philosophy + appropriate product design details are effectively represented on nau.com
• Ensure Nau’s Direct Marketing effectively represents the brand
- Provide creative direction for seasonal marketing plans. Lead creative team to provide all marketing assets needed (photography,
copy, ads, etc.)
• Ensure Nau’s Wholesale Marketing effectively represents the brand and supports dealer sales/marketing efforts
- Direct design of trade show booths
- Direct creative for Look book, work book, POP and other dealer collateral
• Ensure Nau’s retail store locations accurately represent the brand
- Provide creative direction for interior design, merchandising and marketing
• Leadership skills and ability to manage a creative team
• Ability to set and manage department budgets
• Excellent visual communication and editorial skills
• Strong experience in photo directing and editing
• Understanding of production processes and work flow for print, digital and website
• Knowledge of Nau brand and product
• Ability to develop creative plans & concepts to support brand goals and marketing strategy
• Seasoned judgment, detail oriented with strong follow through
• Adaptability and ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work collaboratively in creative studio environment
• Working knowledge of Adobe CS6
TO APPLY: email resume + cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Creative Director Application" in the subject line